Guidelines for Grant Seekers
Thank you for your interest in applying for a grant from the Amelia Peabody Charitable Fund. Please read the Mission Statement carefully before submitting your proposal.
We will not accept proposals from:
- Private Foundations
- Organizations existing or operating outside Massachusetts
- Organizations funded principally with tax dollars
- Start-up organizations
- Section 509(a)(3) supporting organizations
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Educational institutions for educational purposes
We will not fund:
- Operating budgets
- Administrative overhead
- Annual fund drives
- Emergencies or immediate funding requests
- Events, performances, media, theatrical productions, publications, exhibits, conferences
- Multi-year grant proposals
- Advocacy or lobbying efforts
- Scholarships / Fellowships / Endowments
Frequency of Application
If a request is not funded, grant seekers may re-apply in the second calendar year following a denial.
If a request is funded, we will not consider subsequent requests from that organization for a minimum of three years.